STALLION SERVICE AGREEMENT
_______________________________________________, (Mare Owner as shown on
Certificate of Registration) hereby agree to breed the mare
__________________________________________ Breed ______________ Registration # ______________ Age _____________
and Color__________ to the stallion TY,
Registration #4491957 and to pay the sum of $750. The following are the terms
and conditions of the agreement.
1. A non-refundable booking fee of $300 payable to CONIFER QUARTER HORSES is due when this contract is signed and returned. This fee is applied to the $750 and is non-refundable except under Condition No. 14. The remaining balance will be paid in full to CONIFER QUARTER HORSES prior to semen shipment or release of the mare from ISU LVMC.
2a. The first collection and shipment (includes overnight standard shipping to Mare Owner but not the return cost of the container if required), first collection for pick-up or first collection for on-site breeding is free for new contracts.
b. A chute (collection/handling/shipping) fee made payable to ISU LVMC in the amount of $300/shipment must be paid prior to semen shipment on all rebreed and futurity contracts and any subsequent shipments beyond the first for new breeding contracts.
c. Semen may be picked up at ISU LVMC, with prior permission, at a reduced rate of $250/pickup.
d. On-site breeding at ISU LVMC will be billed
using routine breeding management package fees plus daily board from the
3. Mare Board Rates: Dry $20/day Wet $22/day
4. Stallion Management will exercise judgment in care and supervision of mare and/or foal. A veterinarian will examine mare for normal breeding conditions and will administer medical care as deemed necessary for the health and safety of the mare and/or foal. All veterinary and farrier expenses will be paid by Mare Owner prior to departure from ISU LVMC whether or not the mare is settled. If the mare is to be picked up after hours, prior arrangements for payment will need to be made with the receptionists in the form of a credit card.
5. The breeding season will open February 1st and close June 30th.
6. Mares will not be accepted for on-site breeding at ISU LVMC unless properly halter broke.
7. Mare Owner agrees to accept full responsibility for any veterinary expenses incurred by mare and foal. Such charges shall be paid whether or not the mare is settled. Veterinary charges will be billed directly to Mare Owner.
8. All mares must be current on all vaccinations (specifically EWT, Flu/Rhino) and deworming and have a negative coggins test within the last 12 months.
9. The Stallion Owner & Management agree to diligently try to settle the mare and/or provide quality tested semen for shipment. If the mare does not settle, neither the Stallion Owner nor Stallion Management will be held responsible.
10. If for any reason the mare is unable to be settled in a reasonable period of time another mare may be substituted with the approval of the Stallion Owner.
11. Mare Owner understands that the Stallion Owner, the attending veterinarian(s) and/or their agents, employees and Stallion Management will not be held responsible for injury, escape, sickness or death to mare and/or foal and assume no liability for injury or death to any person associated with Mare Owner.
12. Mare Owner agrees that a live foal is guaranteed for this mating. Should the foal not stand and nurse, the Mare Owner shall be entitled to return privileges. This will apply only if the Stallion Owner is notified within one week from the foaling date. This notice must be accompanied by a veterinarian’s statement. Under the foregoing circumstances and upon receipt of the specified notice, it is agreed:
a. Stallion Owner shall give to Mare Owner a return privilege to the stallion the following year only and to the same mare originally booked (unless otherwise mutually agreed in writing between Mare Owner and Stallion Owner).
b. If Mare Owner fails to deliver the mare (or a substitute mare if mutually agreed as stated above) for re-breeding the following year, then any and all fees paid shall be forfeited; the right to rebreed is thereby canceled and the Stallion Owner is released from any further obligation whatsoever.
c. If the mare dies or becomes unfit to breed then another mare may be substituted if approved by the Stallion Owner.
13. The owner of any
mare who returns for a rebreed utilizing shipped semen must pay a chute fee
of $300/shipment payable to ISU LVMC. If the mare is brought to the
14. It is further agreed that should the above stallion die or become unfit for service…frozen semen will be provided or the breeding fee will be refunded at the discretion of the Stallion Owner.
15. The Breeder’s Certificate will be issued only if the foal stands, nurses and same is reported to the Stallion Owner and all fees have been paid to Stallion Owner and Stallion Management.
16. This contract represents the entire agreement between all parties. In the event the mare is sold or otherwise disposed of prior to the birth of the foal, the “Live Foal Guarantee” will no longer be valid.
17. If shipped semen is requested a separate contract is required and where applicable is attached to and made a part of this agreement. If using shipped semen, please complete and return both the stallion service agreement and the appropriate transported cooled semen agreement.
18. Please circle one: Shipping semen OR On-site breeding at ISU LVMC OR Pick up semen
Mare Owner Signature: __________________________________________________________
Owner (Print): _____________________________________________________________
City, State & Zip Code: ___________________________________________________________
Home Phone #: ________________________ Cell Phone #: ____________________________
Work Phone #: _________________________________________________________________
Approved by: ___________________________________ Date: __________________________
Manager: Nyomi Galow-Kersh, DVM
PLEASE RETURN ALL CONTRACTS, BOOKING FEE AND/OR STUD FEE TO CONIFER QUARTER HORSES -- CONTRACT IS NON-TRANSFERABLE